Thread: Speculation: Alexander Semin
View Single Post
Old
06-18-2012, 09:59 PM
CobraAcesS

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames1217 View Post
How do you know this? Are you Alex Semin? I love how here of HF boards every player is going to get signed by detriot. Alex Semin will sign to presumably whoever throws him the most cash, whether that is detroit or whether that is colorado i really do not think he minds. All that is important to him is that he gets paid and plays hockey.
I think Parise is Colorado's first option (Like many other teams obviously) but as long as Varlamov has good things to say about Alex Semin they will probably take a run at him. Especially with a huge need to bring in a top notch offensive winger to play with either Stastny or Duchene.

Colorado has 5 of the 6 wingers we really need to run three legit scoring lines.

LWs

Landeskog
McGinn

RWs

Jones
Mueller
Downie

Colorado has made zero attempt to fill that last hole through a trade, and it's pretty clear with Hejduk's play last season he won't be relied on much. He played well after his minutes were reduced and he was used in a 4th line depth role but that's about it. He'll most likely play on the 4th line and be used in case of injuries and on the second power play unit.

Semin would be a pretty nice replacement for Hejduk, and make life easier for Varlamov having another Russian player he is familiar with.

Not saying it will happen but Colorado will definitely be kicking the tires to see if he is willing to take a 5-5.5 cap hit on a longer 4-5 year contract. If he won't go below a 6M cap hit then I think they pass. IMO..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lacoste View Post
Here is some good article about Semin:
http://hockeyanalysis.com/2012/06/15...ed-free-agent/
This is pretty interesting Ive never really believed that he was a liability. He did also have one of the better +/- ratings on the Caps as well. Ive seen Caps fans say that when used on the PK he was actually pretty good at it to the level of being an asset in that regard.

Last edited by CobraAcesS: 06-18-2012 at 10:12 PM.