View Single Post
Old
06-18-2012, 10:11 PM
tigermask48
Maniacal Laugh

vCash: 500
Was born in a suburb of Chicago, and my dad used to have season tickets to the Blackhawks with some of his friends. When they couldn't go he would take me once I was old enough, and he happened to take me to a Kings game in 87-88 when I was 8 years old. Purple was my favorite color and always has been, and at that game Robitaille (looked it up and it turns out it was Jimmy Carson... Oh well) scored a hat trick.

My dad told me all about Luc getting drafted so late and the way he told just clicked and I was hooked! He was my favorite player and I was a Kings fan from then on despite the fact they ditched the purple and gold a year later when Gretzky arrived. Having the then best player in the league on their team just made me an even bigger fan and I've stuck with them ever since... Moved to Minnesota years later with my parents and have been here ever since.

Games 3 and 4 were actually the first games I'd ever been to where the Kings are the home team as I always used to catch them when they came to Minny, or Chicago, or somewhere else close.

tigermask48 is offline   Reply With Quote