Thread: Speculation: Sabres are open for business
View Single Post
Old
06-18-2012, 11:14 PM
GerbeSonOfGloin

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweech View Post
Sounds strikingly similar to the Jets. Which is too bad because I guess that makes us poor trading partners. I really think Stafford is the type of player Winnipeg would be looking for.

The only thing we could offer to fill any needs would be Antropov. Who can be a fringe 2nd line C, but a very good 3rd line C (he's kind of what you guys were hoping to get in Leino). He's been a solid defensive presence for the Jets, always in the right position to make plays and has the ability to be a force when he decides to play like one. Plus don't let Toronto fans tell you he sucks, he really doesn't. That being said he is close to UFA and the Jets would still need to add something substantial for that type of deal to go through.

Although if you're looking for a different type of bottom 6 centre we also have Patrice Cormier. Who won't blow you away points wise, but he's outstanding in the faceoff dot and he's an all out effort and grit player. But again we'd have to find another substantial piece to add to that.
If Stafford's the piece going back, then no amount of Antropov/Cormier caliber assets would do it. Like everyone else, we're interested in quality, not quantity. Something around Adam for Cormier could be worked out though.

Quote:
Yeah, Scheifele is not really available and definitely not for that. I like Stafford, but I like Scheifele waaaaaaaay more.
Fair enough. All I knew about Scheifele was his hot start last season, his hockey's future profile page, and the fact that he plays center.

GerbeSonOfGloin is offline   Reply With Quote