Thread: Speculation: Sabres are open for business
View Single Post
Old
06-19-2012, 07:42 AM
BuzzKillington90

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckNoire View Post
I'd have to agree that ANA would have to at least LISTEN if Buffalo offered Hodgson and 2 1st.

But for Getzlaf, I'd expect Hodgson AND Myers. Naturally, both teams would have to add to even things out.

Maybe Getzlaf + Palmieri for Hodgson + Myers + 2013 1st rounder + 2013 2nd rounder? [I know the price is steep, but you get a player that is widley considered to be a top center in the NHL and Palmieri was the leading scorer in the AHL last season I believe]
Roy was considered among the top a few years ago. Value increases and value decreases. Your value is way off base currently, both in your own assets and ours. Myers, because of age/contract is worth more then one year of Ryan Getzlaf. You have to understand that 1yr UFAs have their value diminished. If Getzlaf was on a 3+ yr contract, then his value increases...to the point yes we would have to discuss Myers to make Anaheim listen.

Currently, he is not worth Myers. Currently he's barely worth 2 1sts and a good prospect. But that would have to be offered for Anaheim to listen.

Remember, value comes from more then just the player. It comes from everything surrounding him. Contract/Injuries/past seasons/cap hit to name a few. Would an overpayment be required to pry him out? Yes. Would you get anywhere NEAR what you think you would? No possible way, unless the GM was drunk....or Brian Burke.

BuzzKillington90 is offline   Reply With Quote