View Single Post
Old
06-19-2012, 07:13 AM
Lockjaw333

vCash: 500
Giroux- cannot be serious.

I don't think there is a player in the league right now that the Flyers would trade Giroux for. Not even Crosby, Malkin or Stamkos.

If the Flyers want to acquire Nash (my personal opinion is that they probably shouldn't), I think a package centered around JVR is the only option this team has to bargain with. If that's the case, I think the 2nd player in the deal would have to be someone who's pretty good. Something like this.

1. JVR
2. Read/ Meszaros
3. Prospect like Bourdon/ Gustaffson
4. 1st/2nd/3rd pick

#3 and #4 would depend on who goes in #2. I think #2, the second player in the deal, would be the most important piece and would probably decide whether or not Columbus would do the deal. Make no mistake though, the only way the Flyers are trading for Nash is if JVR is in the deal, and if Columbus feel he is worth taking a flyer (no pun intended) on.

They are trading Nash to jumpstart a rebuild. Do you think JVR could be an essential piece in the rebuild of a franchise? From what we've seen so far, I don't think so. Maybe Howson is optimistic (read: dumb) enough to think so, in which case I could see a trade happening. My issue will be with that second player we have to give up....if its Read, I say heck no. Simmonds? No. Couturier? You'd have to be crazy.

On the other hand, do I like the idea of Rick Nash playing on a top line with Giroux? To me, that sounds awesome, especially considering Nash is pretty good defensively as well. Is the cost worth it? Probably not.

I think we're better off letting the Rangers dump high level prospects like Kreider and Erixon, and bright young players like MDZ and McDonaugh (although they would have to be brain dead to trade McDonaugh, I see Norris trophies in his future). I got the distinct feeling that NYR were playing Kreider in the playoffs not only for added scoring, but also to showcase his talents as trade bait to attract established scoring (eg. Nash) in the offseason. The Rangers have been so good with holding back the last few years, I think they are due for a bonehead trade!

Lockjaw333 is offline   Reply With Quote