View Single Post
Old
06-19-2012, 08:24 AM
Grant McCagg
@grantmccagg

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Claude Giroux was so thin that he was suppose to be annihilated after his 1st season and be quitting to try bowling or minature golf....At one point, skills surpass size. TT is so elusive and intelligent that he will do fine. Of course, if he can improve his frame and all, he'd be even scarrier. But he is top 5 material in this draft.
Yeah, and he does draw some comparisons to Giroux. Also heard Sakic comparisons, and Kane. If he turns out like any of those guys, he's not only a top 5 player in this draft, he's a top two.

I know Maatta had a solid playoff run, but was a little surprised to see him crack the top ten ahead of Grigorenko. Skill-wise there is no comparison, and there are issues with his skating. Not only that but Maatta is not someone who will punish you, he throws very few hits. I like Maatta and think he'll be a solid NHLer, but he's not without some concerns.

I'm also not convinced that Faksa and Girgensons will be offensive players at the NHL level, so I think ranking them higher than the teens is a reach. Both are great away from the puck, are big, smart and compete, but I don't know that they're second-line NHLers on a good team down the line.

Grant McCagg is offline   Reply With Quote