View Single Post
Old
06-19-2012, 08:52 AM
Gabe84
Bring back Bonk!

vCash: 500
I really have a hard time believing Gomez will get another chance. It could happen, and I wouldn't be "mad", but I hope this saga is over.

If he was to stay, it's hard to picture him anywhere but on the wings, maybe on the third line. Gomez can still play hockey. He's not a defensive stalwart, and he has lost quite a few steps in the offensive department, but he still showed some good things last year in my opinion. When he came back from his injury, he played decently and even had a few very good games.

If he can stay healthy and if he's given a reduced role, I could see him be a serviceable 3rd line winger with some PP time. His speed and his ability to gain the zone are good, his biggest flaws are his shot and his tendency to turn the puck over if pressured or if the obvious play isn't available. Once he gains the zone, he often tries to get rid of the puck too quickly.

It's probably too late to teach this old dog some new tricks, and his current salary is brutal. My guess is that Bergevin will wait out until the new CBA is signed to decide what to do with Gomez.

Gabe84 is offline   Reply With Quote