View Single Post
Old
06-19-2012, 09:51 AM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

vCash: 500
Been away from the boards for a week and a bit for a variety of reasons, but I was watching when we won game six. I remember laughing when our powerplay, which at times appeared to be redy to be fitted for a toe tag during the season and playoffs, blew up for three goals on the 5 minute powerplay. I'm sure if the camera had panned over to Kompon, he'd have been giving the neener neener to some fans or something.

I kind of thought a close, last minute victory would have been best but in hindsight, a win which was sealed away early on was likely better. The fans were going crazy, I could tell that on TV, and when we netted the empty-net goal it was like wscoring the cup clinching goal in overtime. At that point, you just knew.

My wife is baking me a cake with a Stanley Cup and a Kings logo on it to celebrate. She said she would if the Kings won the cup, and they did so it'll be like my own little slice of heaven I suppose. Cake will never taste so sweet.

As a 24 year Kings fan, this is so unbelieveably fantastic, I'm still on cloud nine. We are the cup champions. I feel like I need to repeat that over and over and over again. Maybe then it'll sink in.

For all of my fellow Kings fans, enjoy this moment. For all of the fellow long-time Kings fans, enjoy it even more. We won't be Cubs fans!

kingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote