View Single Post
Old
06-19-2012, 10:40 AM
ParisSaintGermain

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertDawg View Post
My gut feeling is that he will be better than his upside and will make it to the NHL by the end of his 1st year and surprise everybody. Just a feeling, but between his dad and being around the league for most (if not all) his life he knows what it takes to get to the NHL and has been preparing for it (and not just playing hockey).
I voted Samuelsson but I would have voted Bozon as well, had he been on the list.

French hockey is in a good phase at the moment, and developing. France has had a solid World championship recently and the most successful team of the French league in the last 15 years (Les Dragons de Rouen) has won an European cup in January.

Some players are starting to play in better European leagues (Bellemare in Sweden for example), some youngsters are going to Switzerland early to develop. It is promising.

There is a bit of a void for a name to carry the next generation of French players and Bozon with his current pedigree, the influence of his father, may be the one destined to become a leading figure in French hockey. In a way (I am not comparing skills or ability here), this could be a bit of a similar situation with Kopitar and Slovenia (I think his father was a known name in Slovenian hockey). Obviously Anze is taking this to another level.

How about we sign Huet as a back up for a couple of years (better than Barbs, and a good team guy), find a way to get Bozon and start a little French connection in Phoenix.

ParisSaintGermain is offline   Reply With Quote