View Single Post
Old
06-19-2012, 12:02 PM
Big McLargehuge
Global Moderator
HFBoards: Night's Watch

vCash: 500
Civ IV, by the end with the expansions and mods, was just about as close to perfect as possible. Civ V lost a lot of that soul and a ton of the refinement...but now it's hard for me to go back and play Civ IV just because of how much more I like the combat system (especially the hexagonal tiles and one unit per square standard...it makes ranged units actually meaningful and requires actual strategy instead of just piling up 20 units and having every late game turn last 20 minutes).

Gods & Kings is a definite huge leap forward for the game. It's still far from perfect...but I'm still going to sink way too much damn time into it.

On the downside it's now 10 in the morning and I'm ****ing exhausted, even with a full pot of coffee in my system.

“The most terrifying fact about the universe is not that it is hostile, but that it is indifferent. If we can come to terms with this indifference and accept the challenges of life within the boundaries of death, our existence as a species can have genuine meaning and fulfillment. However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light.” - Stanley Kubrick
http://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/054.gif