View Single Post
Old
06-19-2012, 12:03 PM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKAY47 View Post
Hahahaha I've never NOT looked forward to the draft before. I can't believe it's 2 weeks away and all I can think about is WHO CARES!!!!!! WE'RE THE CHAMPS BABY
Haha, same here. I used to countdown the days to the draft. this year... Draft-schmaft, we won the cup mothaf..........!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
The best part about the draft is going to be all of those team execs/GMs walking up to the podium and congratulating the LA Kings for their Stanley Cup victory.
I forgot about that until you said it. I will relish those moments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belanger25 View Post
I want Dalton Thrower, I mean the guy's last name is Thrower and he can fight. I'll draft based on a name, that was my reasoning behind wanting Cal Clutterbuck.
Thrower is who i want to at 30 if we go with a D-man. We are deep at D but lack one like this since we dealt Teubert. I'd welcome this pick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoreZeGoals View Post
If Columbus doesn't take the pick, I see #30 being moved to try and acquire a couple more picks
I figure we could do this. Deal the 30th for something like 37 and 50, especially if DL covets someone who is likely way off the board and a draft like this caters itself towards that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BringTheReign View Post
I'm very wary of college kids after JMFJ. Jack was a great talent, but I feel like playing in college made him less well-rounded in the long run. Di Giuseppe looks great, but I doubt his skills will translate quickly.

Not to say there haven't been great players out of college hockey, but traditionally I feel like they are either long-term projects or they never amount to what they're scouted to be.
I am too somewhat, but for some kids that's a good thing to have extra development time. That said, my preference is for junior kids, simply because of the number of games played leans towards higher development rates. That said, I wouldn't shy away from going after a Beau Bennett type if one is there come our pick.