View Single Post
Old
06-19-2012, 12:22 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant McCagg View Post
Yeah, and he does draw some comparisons to Giroux. Also heard Sakic comparisons, and Kane. If he turns out like any of those guys, he's not only a top 5 player in this draft, he's a top two.

I know Maatta had a solid playoff run, but was a little surprised to see him crack the top ten ahead of Grigorenko. Skill-wise there is no comparison, and there are issues with his skating. Not only that but Maatta is not someone who will punish you, he throws very few hits. I like Maatta and think he'll be a solid NHLer, but he's not without some concerns.

I'm also not convinced that Faksa and Girgensons will be offensive players at the NHL level, so I think ranking them higher than the teens is a reach. Both are great away from the puck, are big, smart and compete, but I don't know that they're second-line NHLers on a good team down the line.
By the way, not sure if I said it but great list. Agree most of the time, disagree on others, not important, your list is overall very good. Good job. Just want to say this though....people will regret having Fournier so low. Yet, I totally agree with you on Athanasiou and Marcantuoni who even in some cases are too high for my liking but are in NO WAY 2nd round material. Don't see Athanasiou making it, and Marcantuoni seems to be Esposito V.2.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote