View Single Post
Old
06-19-2012, 01:25 PM
FlyersMania2

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by toughfighter83 View Post
talk about stupidity with the fans that want carle back because it's the only guy, he's nothing like webber or sutter, he's worst than these players, he doesnt hit, score goals, nothing. he's no upgrade, he's damaged goods for this team, how are people not seeing that?

you people ***** about winning a cup and you say carle is the answer? what is god's name are you people watching? seriously? you act he's pronger, he's nothing like him, i would go after someone that has size, can hit, score goals, that's nothing what carle is.

he plays like crap next year, your scapegoat is bryz instead of him, you people are insane, byz cant play with these lously defensive core, they need an upgrade not a downgrade, i dont care who as long it's not carle.
woohoo I think I just did my first multi-quote. Carle IS NOT the answer. I scratch my head often. Between the fans thinking he is good and the owner saying our D was the problem this playoff run. In the latter, why on earth would we be trying to keep him? He IS PART OF THE PROBLEM. HE IS NOT PART OF THE SOLUTION.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish Invictus View Post
Ugh, this. We rely far too much on trades and free agency to fill out major defensive positions. Learning how to draft and develop their own defensemen would be a much more secure method. Our usual Dmen are Timonen, Coburn, Carle, Mez, Grossmann, then a rotating sixth...two of whom are Kubina and Lilja. Not a single one of them came up through the organization. That's absurd. Are there any other teams who routinely play 6 defensemen they didn't draft?
Yup...nope. We try to buy our cup rather than build a team to win one. We haven't won a cup in recent history, at this point we would probably be in the same position if we would have just drafted well or even acquired some young D prospects. Instead we have traded them all away for the most part and continue to try to put a bandaid over a bullet wound.

FlyersMania2 is offline   Reply With Quote