View Single Post
Old
06-19-2012, 12:26 PM
OneMoreAstronaut
Reduce chainsaw size

vCash: 1360
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickchecked View Post
I saw three physios for my groin. The ultrasound guy was useless, just waved the magic wand in a really unfocused way. The second guy was smart but didn't really help, seemed like he didn't believe me. The third focused on manual therapy (tricky in the groin area, especially with a cute physio) but it really helped. She was super smart and really helped teach me how to strengthen the groin and, more importantly, the surrounding areas.

Flexibility is important but keep in mind, stretching a groin injury is not recommended.

But your point about scar tissue is well taken. I'm planning to buy a roller to work on loosening up my groin to keep it healthy.
Ah, you knew about the ultrasound treatment then. That's too bad to hear it didn't work well for you. I don't honestly know much more about the treatment than what I said above (except that it did work for me), but it could be that the guy doing it wasn't doing it right. Who knows. My physiotherapist did use the ultrasound at first, but once that scar tissue was treated and re-healed we did move into manual therapy as with your 3rd therapist. I'm sure ultrasound alone wouldn't have been enough, of course; it's just one step in the process. Hope your groin is better, anyway

OneMoreAstronaut is offline   Reply With Quote