View Single Post
Old
06-19-2012, 01:00 PM
Diamonddog01

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryno23 View Post
Actually its quite the opposite Gillis is now at a disadvantage as teams are filling their roster with goalies and really only place left is Toronto. Toronto can play hardball and go with Reimer/Scrivens or they can make a deal for a better goalie with a better contract like HALAK.

Gillis has a starting goalie who is abused by fans and in the biggest game of their season was bench for a young/rookie goalie to me that signals that the team does not have confidence in LU and Scheinder is now the starter.

You can say they can afford to carry both but I tell you right now that will only work on paper. Luongo is not going to be happy backing up another goalie and the dressing room harmony will suffer accordingly.

Gillis cannot carry both goalies and think everything will be alright. Luongo does not want to sit behind Corey and he will and must be moved.

Don't expect a good return for him.
Keep telling yourself that. With the cap going up to 70 we could sign Schneider for 4 and wait until the right opportunity presents itself.

And, again, we can always trade Schneider instead.

Gillis is on record stating multiple teams have contacted him about Luongo, and I doubt Tampa was ever one of them.

Great time to be a Canucks fan, we have an abundance of riches and will maximize our return.