View Single Post
Old
06-19-2012, 02:42 PM
McNasty

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersMania2 View Post
If Carle didn't play on the first pairing, I would have less problems with him. The big problem is, we treat him like the go-to guy and quite frankly, he can't have that role.
I don't disagree with you, but if he's getting those minutes simply because there is nobody else to put there, I don't think that's a fair criticism of Carle. If Briere was out on the penalty kill people would blame him, but the majority of the anger would be placed on whichever moron thought it was a good idea to put him out there.

Carle is a capable and fairly consistent 2nd pairing defenseman. Coburn and Meszaros aren't as consistent, however when they are on top of their game they are better options. I would rather see the Flyers let Carle walk and get Ryan Suter (obviously), but if Suter isn't an option who are you going to slot into the top 4 to take Carle's minutes? Weber may be an option, but any blockbuster trade is going to involve a capable top 4 defenseman in return and I don't know about you guys but I don't really want to see a 3rd pairing of MAB, Gust, and/or Lilja.

McNasty is offline   Reply With Quote