View Single Post
Old
06-19-2012, 02:24 PM
cyclones22
3 Year Window B****!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post
I do not want his name on the Cup, but if AEG wants him on there, more power to them. Who am I to argue?

I have no problem with him getting a ring since he is still employed by the Kings. I'm sure the twitter guys will get a ring.

Also, if Murray gets him name on the Cup, where does it end? Does Jack Johnson get his name too, he did play 61 games with the team? How about Taylor? He drafted Quick, Kopitar and Brown.

Also, did Pittsburgh put their former coach on the cup when they won with Bylsma?
Everyone's free to have his own opinion. I can see your point of view and why you would feel the way you do. I also can see why the organization would want his name on the Cup. As others have mentioned, Murray is still part of the organization. JJ and Taylor are not. Everyone outside and inside the organization recognize that the defensive responsibility, something that JJ was never good at while here btw, was the backbone of this championship. Murray was responsible for that.

Think of the difference between the Crawford reign and Murray's. Kopi and Brown both scored over 30 goals in the same season on a horrid defensive team. Not likely to happen again considering they have to play 200 feet of ice now. The Michel Therrien comparison doesn't hold water because what exactly did he do to turn around Pittsburgh other than being lucky enough to be the coach when they drafted MAF, Malkin, Crosby and Staal in successive seasons? There was no established Therrien identity. No trademark stamp. Murray put his stamp on this Kings team. He was just better suited to be a defensive coordinator and not an elite HC.

Obviously, the Kings organization values Murray's contribution and if the league approves, it's all moot anyway. I don't have an issue with your opinion, I just don't agree with the examples you used as to why the Kings shouldn't include him.

cyclones22 is online now   Reply With Quote