View Single Post
Old
06-19-2012, 03:23 PM
TorstenFrings
wieder zuhause!!!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Celleyna View Post
That isn't what I said. I did not put a price on a star player. I simply am reiterating that Staal, while a good player who I would like to have on my team, is not going to fetch a premium price. You are likely going to get quantity for quality type offers for him. Meaning you won't get back a player that has the same value, but you will be able to get back som players that can plug holes.

Omark is a high risk, high reward type player. Maybe EDM have to add a bit to sweetn the pot to make it an easier pill to swallow.

What about this tweak:

To Pittsburgh:
5th overall
Omark
Belanger (solid third line defensive center)

To Toronto:
1st overall
Gagner

To Edmonton
Staal (signed)
Gardiner
TO 3rd round pick
Obviously I enjoyed a bit of hyperbole with the Stamkos. What you actually said was, that Pens could not get better than 5th+Omark, because Staal was not a star player. So I went with it, interpreting that you considered everything more than 5th+Omark the price for a star player, which I still think was very fair.

I agree that if we have to deal Staal we'd be very lucky to get one equal player back, it's not terribly likely. So instead it should be a package of assets equal to or slightly above Staal's value for a fair deal.
5th+Omark does not even come close to that. Not even just in pure value, even when disregarding that neither of those pieces fill a need for PIT.

Adding Belagner is not helping. AT ALL. You need to change the pieces to something Pens would actually want, not add more crap.

TorstenFrings is offline   Reply With Quote