View Single Post
Old
06-19-2012, 03:30 PM
Laus723
Future Now

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by goosecrosby View Post
I 100% agree that hes one of the biggest pieces of the rebuild. Starts with the goalie (Markstrom), build a good D in front of him (Gudbranson, Kulikov, Ellerby), then add the forwards around them (too many to list). Thats why I said that its pointless to talk about it because 1) the Pens are logjammed at D and 2) the Panthers need Gudbranson too much

Like you mentioned, he took a while to adjust to the NHL pace. He also had some mental errors that should have easily been avoided. He did get better as the season progressed but they still popped up from time to time. There was a game towards the end of the season that he completely turned the wrong way and the other team had a breakaway and scored.

The physicality that Gudbranson brings is by far the best on the team. If he keeps maturing he will be one of the toughest dmen to play against in the entire league. He reminds me of a Phaneuf type player but actually Jlikes dropping the gloves against people (and is good at it too). The Panthers have very few physical players and Gudbranson's value is beyond what most teams would pay
The last sentence is what I was trying to say all along. Has nothing to do with Staal, but Erik's value to the Panthers. He's valued too highly here, and rightly so.