View Single Post
Old
06-19-2012, 03:50 PM
Puck U
2012 SC CHAMPIONS !

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crown Royal View Post
Couple of things. How much cheaper can Fraser get and how you gonna work all this into the Salary Cap?
Colin Fraser IS Cheap NOW ... but is also a UFA and I expect him to be looking for a nice raise, don't you ? If he asks for anything more than say $1.5 mil per year, I say Lewis can handle Fraser's role without missing a beat at half that salary, was the point I was making.

And as far as working it all into the Salary Cap ... next years CAP = $70.3-million ?, with a really ambitious GM could spend $77.3-million or so before having to get under the eventual cap on the final day of training camp, though no one KNOWS yet what it might actually be once a new CBA is in place, however ...

Playing with CapGeek I come up with this = http://www.capgeek.com/cap-calculato...er.php?id=7081 = Gives me that 25 man team I listed @ $69,649,602

... so it CAN work, Penner & Stoll both sign for less than they make now, leaves about $7.5 mil cap to get Parise
in the end some guys may have to be cut, waived, traded ... like Richardson, Drewiske and ? We will see, I'm obviously not TOO worried about it, as Dean I'm sure has HIS numbers in place and will make something work one way or another.

Last edited by Puck U: 06-19-2012 at 03:56 PM.
Puck U is offline   Reply With Quote