Thread: NHL Entry Draft: 2012 NHL Mock Draft (Top 10)
View Single Post
Old
06-19-2012, 04:14 PM
JVReemer

vCash: 610
2012 NHL Mock Draft (Top 10)

I thought I'd throw my top 10 together, as far as rankings and how I think they will fall.

Mock top 10:

Edmonton: Nail Yakupov
I don't even need to explain this choice, it's absolutely a given.

Columbus: Filip Forsberg
A large possible NHL power forward with a similar style to Corey Perry. He can score, he plays a dynamic two way game, and is fairly large. This pick addresses a positional need, as the Jackets are fairly weak along the wings, and need some talent there on their top line. (If Nash is traded especially)

Montreal: Alex Galchenyuk
I hear a lot that it is considered by scouts that Galchenyuk's upside is as large as the consensus no.1 Nail Yakupov. Galchenyuk isn't physical, isn't overly large, and has had injury trouble's early on in his career; but if all goes well for the shifty Sarnia Sting forward, I have little doubt he can be a franchise centreman.

New York: Ryan Murray
Ryan Murray is a guy that I don't know a huge amount about. I do know he is considered the no.1 defense in the draft, and the isles need them some defense! From what I gather, his style seems similar to a more solid Wade Redden.

Toronto: Griffen Reinhart
I have always liked Reinhart because I think he brings a 2 - way game that not many defenseman in this draft posses. His style of play would translate well at the NHL level, and he has the frame to be a difference maker. When assessing what would happen here, I asked myself if Burke would draft Girgorenko at 5th? The answer was no. I asked myself if Burke would draft Teuvo Terravainnen? I think not. Both talented, perimeter forwards that go against what Burke wants out of his players. The player I think that you could also insert here would be Matt Dumba

Anaheim: Matt Dumba
Dumba is a guy that oozes talent and determination, but I just don't see his game translating well into the NHL. I think he is a smaller Dion Phaneuf. For that reason I see Dumba landing more around 6th or 7th pick. The Ducks also lack defensive prospects(With Schultz leaving) and could use an A defenseman in their system.

Minnesota: Teuvo Terravainen
TT has exploded up the rankings for a good reason, he is an offensive phenom. I have also heard his offensive upside can be compared to the best in the draft, if it weren't for his small stature and lack of physical play. I think he is a good pick for this team as the address scoring issues, as well as the growing amount of Finnish players could create serious chemsitry. (TT, Granlund, Koivu)

Carolina:Morgan Rielly
Rielly is one of the more talented puck moving defenseman to come along in recent years. I think his style will certainly come along well at the NHL level, and even though the hurricanes are pretty packed with defensive prospects, an eventual top pairing of he and Justin Faulk could look pretty nice on the powerplay.

Winnipeg: Mikhail Grigorenko
Even though lots of teams probably have massive doubts about Grigorenko, (his ethic, helath and commitment to the NHL)I think he is way too talented to pass on at this point.The Jets pick one of the most talented forwards in the draft with the 9th overall pick, and take a risk on a Malkin - lite?

Tampa Bay: Jacob Trouba
Trouba is a fiesty 2 way defender, and is a perfect fit for Tampa positionally. They need A defensive prospects right now, and he is a beauty pick at no.10. They need a young puck moving stud to play with Hedman, Trouba could be the guy.

Power Rankings:
1. Nail Yakupov
2. Filip Forsberg
3. Alex Galchenyuk
4. Mikhail Grigorenko
5. Ryan Murray
6. Teuvo Terravainnen
7. Morgan Rielly
8. Griffen Reinhart
9. Matt Dumba
10. Jacob Trouba

Thought I'd squeeze it in before Bobby Mac, aha it was fun!

JVReemer is offline   Reply With Quote