View Single Post
Old
06-19-2012, 04:25 PM
SuperAlmeida

vCash: 500
LeBrun's blog:

Quote:
Kings talks with Stoll
As I mentioned last week, the Stanley Cup champion Kings wanted to quickly jump on the Jarret Stoll contract talks and they have. The versatile No. 3 center, who was terrific in the playoffs, turns UFA July 1. But contract talks have progressed over the past week and there could be an agreement within a week’s time.

The Kings are also talking to fourth-line center Colin Fraser. Still to be determined is the fate of winger Dustin Penner, also UFA July 1.

Goalie talk
With Tomas Vokoun landing in Pittsburgh, Tampa gambling on Anders Lindback (very much a worthy gamble in my opinion), and Josh Harding re-signing in Minnesota on Tuesday, the goalie options continue to shrink for teams looking for an upgrade there.

This should only help the Vancouver Canucks in trying to create a better market place for
Roberto Luongo and his massive contract.

I believe the Florida Panthers are among a short list of teams that have talked to the Canucks about Luongo, but there won’t be a deal there unless Vancouver is willing to take on a contract in return that helps Florida out payroll-wise.

Another goalie potentially out there is Jonathan Bernier of the Kings. Tampa had shown some interest earlier this season before instead opting to go with Lindback in last Friday’s trade.
The Kings aren’t in a hurry to move Bernier. If nobody steps up with a tangible offer this summer, they’re more than happy to keep him as a backup to Jonathan Quick for another year.

Some teams I’ve spoken with have a mixed opinion on the former first-round pick. Some believe he’s the real deal, others are concerned they haven’t seen enough yet to roll the dice on him being a No. 1 netminder. I believe Bernier has the goods to be a franchise goalie and, if I’m the Columbus Blue Jackets right now, I’m all over the Kings to get a hold of him.