View Single Post
Old
06-19-2012, 05:29 PM
30theking

vCash: 500
ive seen the mets all time team cause of the 50th anniversary thing and i pretty much agree with everyone's selection for each position. i wondered what the yankees all time team would look like since im a yankee fan and i gotta say it's pretty simple to me. catcher would be yogi berra and the only one remotely close would be bill dickey. first base would be gehrig by lightyears. second base i would actually go with cano even though most people would still put lazzeri there, i think he's already better than lazzeri and he definetely will have better numbers than him by the time he retires. shortstop its jeter and not even close. third base and i know how much some yankee fans wouldn't like it but its a-rod by a mile. and in the outfield it's a no brainer. ruth, gehrig, dimaggio. ruth in right and i think mantle was a better cf than joe d so i put dimaggio in left. as for best lefty handed starting pitcher it would be whitey ford. and for best right handed pitcher it would be red ruffing. closer would obviously be mariano. and manager i would give the slight edge to joe mccarthy over casey stengel.