View Single Post
Old
06-19-2012, 05:30 PM
Vipers31
Advanced Stagnostic

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perro View Post
If this was before the lucic incident i could believe it.
Hiller was coming off of a rough 2011 injury plagued season, Miller was coming off of a Vezna season.
there probably would have been a pick or something heading pack to the ducks, but this wouldn't have surprised me at all.
It should, as Miller wasn't coming off a Vezina season. Not all that close, really. Hiller probably had the better season, actually, as he was on track for a Vezina nomination until his injury. This year, both goalies struggled enormously out of the gate. The difference between the two was very limited, and not remotely close to the difference betweeen Ryan and even a 1st round pick.

I'll take it for what it most likely is, a baseless rumor. There were rumors at the time about Miller wanting to move to California to be closer to his actress-girlfriend, and with Enroth getting more minutes, and Miller as well as Hiller struggling as hard as they did, some kind of move made a certain amount of sense at the time. This value, however, never did, and I'm guessing it's a pure fabrication based around the rumours around Miller back then building on the currently re-surfacing Ryan rumors.