The Jagr proposal
View Single Post
11-28-2003, 04:58 AM
Join Date: Feb 2002
Originally Posted by
1. Isn't Carter a 3rd liner for the Rangers and a flop since being traded for? Isn't Purinton and extra defenseman without a spot the team? these are the perfect players for a Jagr deal?
2. With Carter's salary such as it is, what would the rangers get in return for Carter other than someone elses problems?
3. If Rangers decided that Kovalev, was not working out either(face it 3 goals in 22 games is not what the Rangers had in mind for this year.) do you think the Rangers would get quality player or players in return?
1) You're getting caught up on labels like "third liner". Right now he's playing on the second line with Hlavac and Nedved.
2) Carter has a one year contract. And the Rangers could certainly eat some salary (if they had to) to get a deal done. I still believe there is interest in Carter around the league.
3) The Rangers are not looking to trade Kovalev. He starting to playithe way he should of late and also has 14 assists.
And, again, the Rangers could get more for Kovalev (and Carter) than the Caps would for Jagr for the mere fact that any financial commitment to them ends at the end of the season.
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by SingnBluesOnBroadway