View Single Post
Old
06-19-2012, 06:43 PM
Tormentor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyfrilla View Post
Is this team better then last yr's?
Of course injuries might mess things up, but I believe that this team could be better than last year, especially if the goaltending works out. The big improvement is that there are better defensemen available. It’s obvious that loosing Mi.Granlund, Pulkkinen and Donskoi hurts, but luckily Armia, Ma.Granlund and Salomäki are proven players at this level. Also, Teräväinen is an excellent addition to the top-6 and Barkov will hopefully be ready for a clearly bigger role than last year. Lehkonen and J.Ikonen are the wild cards and might add some scoring potential to the roster if they keep developing nicely during the next 6 months.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YARR123 View Post
Any info about Lamberg? All I know is that he made a surprise contract with Jokerit, and that he has very unimpressive stats and is small.
Lamberg’s biggest asset is his skating and speed, he can fly on the ice. His speed and continuous movement might make him a useful checking line winger for this team, let’s see how it goes. Offensively he’s not the most creativity guy and his passing game is nothing special. His height is not a problem but adding some upper body strength might be beneficial.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesui View Post
Why would you put three probaply best playmakers in the first line?
That was just one of the possible line combos I was thinking about. Barkov and Teräväinen know each other and played together this season, the same goes for Salomäki and Armia. Building the team around these offensive pairs might be one of the more likeable scenarios for the new head coach. Barkov and Teräväinen could use an older, more experienced player on their line, so I was thinking about either Ma.Granlund or Aaltonen. This left Lehkonen as one of the better alternatives for Salomäki and Armia.

There are plenty of options for line combos and it’s possible that the new head coach is going to test several of them. Seeing how the cooperation between Teräväinen and Armia would work might be one of the more interesting ones.

Last edited by Tormentor: 06-19-2012 at 06:50 PM.
Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote