View Single Post
Old
06-19-2012, 08:00 PM
tuckrr

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeh82 View Post
The "Russian," the "goalie," and the "1st" are all concerning, to be honest.

1. Any "Russian" prospect has a higher chance of eventually ending up in the KHL than any other nationality. A generalization, but I don't think it is much of a stretch. That being the case, if you're going to spend a 1st round pick, you better be sure they have a certain future role with your club.

2. A selection of any "goalie" at this point would be suspect, particularly if...

3. The pick happens to be in the 1st round--which in the past has not been as consistent at producing starters goaltenders, compared to say, forwards or defenseman.
Goalies certainly have more variation from when they're picked than skaters, but with high risk comes high reward. I'd rather us get the next potential vezina over a guaranteed 3/4 defenseman. (if the potential is truly there.)

BPA means Best PLAYER Available, regardless of position. If the flyers see a player they like, they should grab him.

I for one like subban, as previously noted. Wonder if the flyers do as well (although I really do think another team will take him before #20)

tuckrr is offline   Reply With Quote