Thread: Speculation: 2012-2013 Roster
View Single Post
Old
06-19-2012, 07:15 PM
VanSciver

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 35NW8ING View Post
First pairing defensemen come at a premium, not 2nd pairing guys.
All quality defenseman that are capable of playing high minutes, come at a premium. Offensive puck moving defenseman such as Carle, come at an even higher premium. And Carle has show that he absolutely can play on a first pair.

Quote:
In the right package, anyone is obtainable. Sometimes GM's have no choice when it comes to a trade.
No such thing as a GM having no choice in making a trade. They can always say no. And saying that anyone is obtainable, doesn't mean it's easy to replace a player

Quote:
History has proven that defensemen of Carle's ability, and better, have been replaced time and time again.
History has shown that every player has been replaced. Doesn't mean it's easy to do so. Quality defenseman aren't readily available around the League.

Quote:
If you really believe that GM's across the league have "frozen" all trades for 2nd pairing defensemen, I've got a bridge to sell you.
LMAO. Yea, because that's what I said

Quote:
So we agree, Matt Carle is replaceable. I think it's easy, you think it's a gargantuan task. A difference of semantics.
Incorrect. I never stated that it's a gargantuan task. Your words,not mine. And that's another asinine statement. You still haven't backed up that it's easy to replace Carle. You named one player.