View Single Post
Old
06-19-2012, 07:33 PM
35NW8ING
#LaviPondHockeyFail

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanSciver View Post
All quality defenseman that are capable of playing high minutes, come at a premium. Offensive puck moving defenseman such as Carle, come at an even higher premium. And Carle has show that he absolutely can play on a first pair.
He can definitely play on a 1st pair on lesser teams but Matt Carle isn't in a 1st pairing on a Stanley Cup winner.

Quote:
No such thing as a GM having no choice in making a trade. They can always say no. And saying that anyone is obtainable, doesn't mean it's easy to replace a player
Yes there is. One example is called impending FA. Trade him for something because you're not/can't resign him. Players also wear out their welcome on certain teams and get moved. New coaches are hired and change personnel, and sometimes even owners get involved. There's four examples of GM's not having a choice, smart ones anyway.

I guess you forgot about Ray Bourque leaving Boston, for starters.

Quote:
History has shown that every player has been replaced.
Exactly, and replacing Matt Carle isn't hard. Teams have replaced better players than him.

Quote:
Doesn't mean it's easy to do so. Quality defenseman aren't readily available around the League.
And you've been working the phones heading up to the draft, so that's why you know this?

Quote:
LMAO. Yea, because that's what I said
Well if you think it isn't easy, how do you describe the task of replacing Carle? Fill in the blank in the following sentence.

Matt Carle will be __________ to replace.

Quote:
Incorrect. I never stated that it's a gargantuan task. Your words,not mine. And that's another asinine statement. You still haven't backed up that it's easy to replace Carle. You named one player.
I don't have to back up the obvious. NHL history is full of teams losing players of Carle's ability, and replacing them with equal and sometimes even better players. It happens year after year.