Thread: Proposal: Ottawa-Buffalo
View Single Post
Old
06-19-2012, 07:35 PM
TOGuy14

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EightyEightMPH View Post
To start, I know it's a proposal within a division, so the likelihood of it happening is low, however it kinda fun to play with:

Derek Roy
Drew Stafford
Nathan Gerbe
1st Round Draft Pick

Jason Spezza
Zenon Konopka
Jakob Silfverberg

Rationale for Ottawa:
With Alfredsson's status in limbo, it wouldn't be a terrible idea to start looking for a little depth and Buffalo seems to have a decent compliment. I personally believe Ottawa's run was a fluke last year and expecting similar (or greater) outputs from players like Milan Michalek or Nick Foligno could be a huge risk. The only downfall is that Roy is due for a contract.

Rationale for Buffalo:
It's no big secret that Buffalo needs a true number one center. With Hodgson in line for the 2nd line center duties, Spezza makes sense. Cap wise, frees up some space to a team that has money to spend. Adding a player like Konopka gives Buffalo a great face-off option for the penalty kill and a ton of grit that they don't really have. I originally Had Marcus Foligno slotted in here, but with Buffalo's lack of size, he'll be far more valuable to the Sabres than Gerbe at this time.

Any takers?
I think you made some typos...Drew Stafford should probably be Pominville, and Gerbe should be Myers