View Single Post
Old
06-19-2012, 07:36 PM
Play4Miracles*
1 nation under Oil

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by aceface33 View Post
You guys should listen to Pegula's interview on the audio vault if you haven't yet. It was pretty eye opening to me.

My read was that he is involved quite a bit in player moves and a lot of the decision to spend on Leino and Ehrhoff last year was his idea. In his words "we needed to get some things done last year." He said they are not taking that approach this year- which I took to mean they will not be spending big money in the free agent market.

Also the comparison of Ruff to Joe Paterno was extremely worrying to me. I'm wondering if we might be talking about a lifetime coach here. In Pegula's words, "Ruff was a few bad breaks away from 2 stanley cups."
Support, especially public support can go very far to change the image of your club. The Sabres get plenty of negative press, all Mr. Pegula is trying to do (probably) is bring about positive reinforcement, that can only lead to a stronger work environment and instill confidence throughout the organization. That's good leadership from the Big Cheese.

And yet again, like I said in my last post, this doesn't mean he wont drop the axe if the team doesn't do well. Things can change in a hurry in this business.

Play4Miracles* is offline   Reply With Quote