View Single Post
Old
06-19-2012, 08:36 PM
Jussi
No strings on me

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tormentor View Post
That was just one of the possible line combos I was thinking about. Barkov and Teräväinen know each other and played together this season, the same goes for Salomäki and Armia. Building the team around these offensive pairs might be one of the more likeable scenarios for the new head coach. Barkov and Teräväinen could use an older, more experienced player on their line, so I was thinking about either Ma.Granlund or Aaltonen. This left Lehkonen as one of the better alternatives for Salomäki and Armia.
Yeah, i'm sorry but based on the the U-20 and U-18 WJCs, that line would just keep passing the pouck to each other and no one would shoot. "Vastuunpakoilijat" would be an appropriate name. Barkov and Teräväinen didn't play together at the U-18 WJC (though they did last year) until maybe the end of bronze medal game. It's better to have him or Barkov center Armia. Last WJC already showed that Salomäki can't supply Armia, have him on wing either with Barkov or Teuvo.

Slightly of topic, but since Barkov, Lehkonen and Ristolainen will be in Lake Placid, it means they won't be at the Ian Hlinka tournament. Meaning that when Finland sucks there as usual, we can once again use that as an excuse when the Canadians start talking about the "best-on-best" U-18 tournament.

Last edited by Jussi: 06-19-2012 at 08:46 PM.
Jussi is offline   Reply With Quote