View Single Post
Old
06-19-2012, 10:17 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Sting View Post
Again, the Ducks havr two major holes to fill. 2nd line center and they need to improve their below average defense on the blueline. The only reason for them to deal Ryan is to take care of one or both of these issues. NYR will NOT be trading Stepan, so we will have to supply them with the defensive defenseman the Ducks need.

Bobby Ryan is 24 years old and has scored 30 goals for four straight seasons. The Rangers will not win unless they score more goals, and they need more size. Ryan solves both of those issues, even if he is not a traditional power forward.

You have to give to get, and the Rangers have a perennial Vezina candidate in net, excellent defensive forwards and multiple string defenders on the blueline. You have to deal from strength. The Ducks don't need Del Zotto.

Staal or Girardi, Dubi or Anisimov, and a 1st or a solid if unspectacular prospect. Ryan would still be the most valuable player in the deal. They aren't dealing Ryan for a late first and two third liners.
The beauty of Ryan is that you can give him a cap friendly long term contract unlike Nash, who already has a long term cap killer.
Im in general agreement, but I just dont think the defense is a true position of strength just yet. I'd feel a lot better about it if Sauer was healthy. But at this point, I cant foresee a defense without significant problems if one of Staal or Girardi go.