View Single Post
Old
06-20-2012, 02:07 AM
Rusty Batch

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck U View Post
Loktionov has played a TOTAL of 95 games in the AHL scoring a total of 22 goals in that time ... hardly all that impressive IMO

by comparision =

Dwight KING - 174 games + 20 in ECHL and scored 45 goals in the AHL
Jordan NOLAN - 115 games + 3 in ECHL w/ 14 goals, but he's a 4th line ENERGY guy
Slava VOYNOV - 231 games w/ 35 goals as a Defenseman

Again, I can have an opinion just like you can, and mine is that Loktionov needs MORE time to develop and should show himself to be a more dominate player at the AHL level before being handed the 3rd line center position in LA.
I dont have any problem with you having a different opinion, thats what message boards are all about.

The only thing I would say is that Loktionov is more of a setup man then a goal scorers and obviously his point per game AHL numbers are much higher then the players you listed. That doesnt mean he is better. But I do feel it lends himself to playing with our vastly improved wing depth this year then last.

I remember Lokti mostly playing with Lewis and Richie. It doesnt get much worse then that for goal scoring linemates then that in the NHL.

The fact is our third line wingers next year might very well be King and Gagne. A vastly better fit for a guy like Lokti.

2 goal scorers like Gagne and King would likeley do better with a playmaker then Stoll.

Rusty Batch is offline   Reply With Quote