View Single Post
Old
06-20-2012, 05:19 AM
Ilovemymum
recreational MD

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerFan10 View Post
I already said it, if there was a strong market or any market at all for Zuccarello's services it's not as if the Rangers are so driven on not having him play on another NHL team that they'd just let him head overseas before they got anything for him. If they were able to get anything at all in return for him, it would be good asset management, considering we signed him as a FA.

And let's say Zucc's value was hurt by the fact other teams were worried he'd bolt for the KHL or another league. Who's fault is that?

And RE: the Torst comments, top team or not, our offense wasn't exactly high octane. It was a desperate situation. You're ready into Torts comments far too much. If the Rangers liked him that much or saw something in him worth keeping (not sure what everyone that's up in arms saw...he was inconsistent and showed some flashes over two seasons. Couldn't put it together. NEXT), they would've kept him. Period.
He's stated a million times he wanted to play in the NHL. I assume the reason why he went from being the option IF he left the NHL to leaving was that Rangers told him they would give him a QO two ways. Not sure, but isn't a novelty in the NHL for anybody to claim players with a QO? That pretty much locked him to the Rangers if I understand it right, and why he took off. I guess I'm biased as a Zuke fan, but cannot understand that no other team would want him for a late draft pick. But then they should have done it before telling him to piss off, more or less. But if the rest of the NHL don't see him having any value at all, I guess you're right. Not much else to do than what they did.

Ilovemymum is offline   Reply With Quote