View Single Post
Old
06-20-2012, 08:24 AM
turkinaa

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PALE PWNR View Post
I will tell you just that. We didn't trade Carter to the Kings for Jack Johnson and whatever else. We got the 8th Overall pick in last years draft, Voracek, and a 3rd last year. Couturier was ranked #1 for his draft year for a long time before he got mono and should not have fallen to us, but he did and now we have a Center that can completely eliminate ANY top player in the world. And in a division where the other teams have Crosby, Malkin, Gaborik, Tavares, Kovalchuk, Parise, Richards, it matters. On top of all that, he has tons of offensive potential as well, see "Hat-Trick, Stanley Cup Playoffs Edition". Then we go to Voracek who is a big, strong, fast winger with plenty of potential, and a better WINGER then Carter ever was here. He's defensively accountable and a good playmaker.
I would do that Carter trade any day of the week, I just don't think the Richards trade was needed and when you put both of them together and the outcome in LA ... well ... only time will tell on what we got from LA more so than CBJ.