View Single Post
Old
06-20-2012, 08:25 AM
Jack de la Hoya

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersfan9180 View Post
I don't think I agree with this, and don't think any GM should pay more for Ryan then Nash. People might think im crazy, but you said in the other thread the asking price by the fans for Ryan is astronomical. It just won't happen. Nash has been rumored two roster players, blue chipper, and a pick. Nash hold more value, in terms of talent. I think Nash would perform better next to Giroux then Ryan. My best offer for Ryan would be JVR+Cousins+2nd rounder. People might think that is a "low ball" offer, but I would never give two young forwards like Schenn, Voracek, Couts, Simmonds, or JVR in a trade for Ryan. It hurts our teams in the long run.

I just thank the gods the teams of the NHL are not run by the trade rumor thread people on this site
I don't think it is a stretch at all to suggest that Ryan holds more value. He's basically matched Nash's average production in the four years since he entered the NHL, he's younger, and he has a much better cap hit. (Ryan, of course, had better teammates as well).

Do I think, tomorrow, that Nash is a better player? Of course. But that's not the same as his value.

Your "best" offer for Ryan is substantially less than Richards or Carter returned. I think that would be a tough sell for Anaheim.

Jack de la Hoya is online now   Reply With Quote