Old
06-20-2012, 08:33 AM
turkinaa

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BernieParent View Post
Here's my inexpert list of Carle pros, meh's and cons, if I may:

PROS:
  • Blocking shots (led the team with 164)
  • Passing
MEH:
  • 1-on-1 defensive coverage (my opinion)
  • Puck carrying (generally good except for the team-leading giveaways)
CONS:
  • Giveaways (led the team with 55)
  • Shooting
  • Hitting (55 hits, tying him with Gilbert Brule [33 games], Jeff Halpern [69], Sheldon Souray [64], Marc Staal [46], Steve Staios [65] and Lee Stempniak [61])
  • Defensive-zone positioning (my opinion)
Stats are taken from Frank Seravalli's season stats wrap-up, Carle's TSN page and the NHL stats page.
I actually agree with this list. He's a very good passer and shot blocker, but his 1-on-1 isn't super strong and I can't count the number of times he was out of position in his own zone leading to goals against. I also like, which some would disagree with, him trying going in deep and willing to join the rush. Many D don't so to see him do it is encouraging as long as he does it at the proper times.

I know I've said it before, but I wouldn't mind resigning him to a deal that is under $5 mil for a few seasons. It's the long-term, over priced (self inflicted bid raising) that makes it questionable. The last thing we need is another unmovable, declining player on a long term contract because we were afraid to let him hit the open market.

turkinaa is offline   Reply With Quote