View Single Post
Old
06-20-2012, 09:59 AM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stupid Sexy Flanders View Post

And a technical Q. If we wanted to use #30 to trade up, could we strike a small deal with CBJ to give up their option in advance?
No reason I can see why not, however I'd imagine Columbus would want a draft pick or something for that. I'd be surprised if DL does anything of the sort.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKAY47 View Post
I absolutely love Dumba too but we're not trading up for him. I think we trade back or stay at 30. Pierre McGuire has us taking a goalie lol (go figure - he must've forgot about Quick, Bernier, Jones, Zatkoff, Berube and Gibson). Oscar Dansk from Brynas
Yeah, was ticked when i saw Pierre was picking for us, then just about lost it when he made that suggestion. And he implied Bernier was gone out the door too, but no clue as to where or when.

We have Quick who is still only 25, Bernier who is 24, just drafted a goalie with our top pick (albeit in round two) last year and have a solid prospect in Jones in the minors, not to mention Berube, but yeah, lets grab another goalie in round one. But he'll be the first one to jump down someone elses throat if they do something dumb.

He makes the draft so much less enjoyable to watch because you just KNOW he doesn't know much about any of these kids, especially outside of the top 5-10.