View Single Post
Old
06-20-2012, 11:42 AM
jordan7hm

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfatfist View Post
Sorry? Because there's a chance that it might fail it's therefore not an opportunity? The Senators carry a high debt load - and exploring options to diversify their revenue streams is definitely in their best interests.
Starting new and expensive businesses in industries that are outside your area of expertise is not a good idea, by and large. Especially when those industries offer razor thin margins and extremely high rates of failure.

The question then becomes - is the marketing potential worth the likely net loss you would suffer by operating that type of business. I'm sure that their retail operations are partly justified in that sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjhl2009fan View Post
I can't see this bar have much of a issue it will be a hit how big of a hit thats the only question.
Not the first sports bar in Ottawa.

I think it likely will succeed. But seriously, a lot of places fail in the market, and Ottawa doesn't have a great history of successful sports bars. Including in the market. It's not a slam dunk. McLarens, a couple of the Local Heroes (not all of them). Most other places either aren't strictly sports bars, or seem to have pretty short runs.

jordan7hm is offline   Reply With Quote