View Single Post
Old
06-20-2012, 12:43 PM
MortUWary
Registered Loser

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by eco's bones View Post
Maybe the shrewdest pick though would be for a goalie--particularly Vasilevskiy--but even Subban or Dansk. The Rangers have a need in that area and AV I think when all is said and done may turn out to be one of the top players in this draft.
After the disappointments of Blackburn (due only to injury, I know) and Montoya in the 1st round and LaFleur busting hard in the 2nd, I believe that Sather and his staff have shifted toward a philosophy of looking for goaltenders in the mid-to-later rounds (i.e. Stacjer) as well as free agency. They take longer to develop and have just as good a chance of becoming an impact player if drafted in the 3rd round or later (Lundqvist, Rinne, Thomas, Quick, Kiprusoff and Miller to name a few). I think there is more risk in drafting a goaltender early than any other position.

I went with Jankowski, as this team is young enough to let him develop. I view his upside to be the greatest among the options listed, although I will agree with eco's bones that Vasilevsky probably holds the highest upside of the goaltenders, which intrigues me.

I'm also sick of seeing Matteau given to the Rangers in mocks because his father scored one of the most memorable goals in our team's history. I think you go for something more than a bottom 6 power foward/grinder type in the first round. I'm not sold on what I've seen from him at all. Ditto for Wilson.

MortUWary is offline   Reply With Quote