View Single Post
Old
06-20-2012, 01:52 PM
Jack de la Hoya

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
I don't know about that. I'd say its at least close. Ryan is better than JVR so you're going to have to offer more than that. Bob is essentially a throw in and likely wouldn't even be a part of the deal because ANA doesn't really need him. I know everyone thinks Bob is going to bring some great return because he had a good first 50 games of is career, but he isn't. If they got a second for him, I'd consider it a smashing success. If they can use him to sweeten a deal for a guy like Ryan, throw him in, but I doubt they have any interest. That being said, I probably would not do this trade, but not because the value is an overpayment. I've said for a while there is no need to trade JvR. If we can use him to get a super-star like Nash or to get a top end defender, then go ahead. But if not, I'd hold on to him.
Don't underestimate the possibility of a Bobrovsky / Bobkov goaltending tandem.

I like Meltzer, a lot. But asking for JVR + for Ryan is not a king's ransom. It isn't really close.

As I said yesterday, I think the Flyers and Ducks line up quite nicely for a major deal, but it is really hard to come up with a "fair" offer for just Ryan because any two of our young assets is an overpayment.