View Single Post
Old
06-20-2012, 02:21 PM
Haute Couturier

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sobrien View Post
Oh this again. All stats are facts without context, and all context are excuses without facts? What a brilliant way to go through life. Tavares is your new target this time? Moulson and PA Parenteau >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Brassard and whoever else Rick Nash got stuck with this season. They're also two completely different players. You can't just say "THIS GREAT PLAYER IS BETTER THAN THIS GREAT PLAYER"....players excel at different things. Why I have to explain this to you each time is mind-boggling.

I think Giroux will use his brain and realize the kind of superstar he has on his wing, and realize he was overpaid by a bad team to keep him around long term.

Like I've said for a week, if Ryan or Kane are available (now both Kane's are supposedly available), I'd prefer them over Nash. But continuing to listen to the simple-minded statistical approach to Rick Nash and his supposed decline is taking years off my life.
"Whoever else Rick Nash got stuck with this season." His name was Jeff Carter and he is a superior player to Moulson and Paranteau. Nash was not any better when he had talent to play with, but I'm sure you'll have your next excuse ready.

I think comparing Nash to other great players is completely relevant when he is being paid as one of the league's elite. For nearly $8M I expect a player to make players around him better like Tavares. I don't expect him to need another elite player to make him look good.

Simple-minded statistical approach? In other words you hate any facts that blow up your argument. Since you are certain he will improve how about coming up with a list of forwards that improved from the ages 28-33? I'm not talking a player that has a career year in there, but improved on a regular basis? Let's see how likely it really is.

Haute Couturier is offline   Reply With Quote