Thread: Speculation: Kane
View Single Post
Old
06-20-2012, 03:12 PM
hawksfan50

vCash: 500
Did you see Girgensons at the world Jrs/ Sure not a great Latvian team around him but still he was not that good 2g oa and -6 (good at face-off though)-- I personally did not see "top six" talent written all over him--but then NEITHER did i see much from the hyped Forsberg on a more stacked Swedish team there (only 1 a and -1)

YET -I was wowed by the mature play of TOMAS HERTL for the CZCHS --not only was he productive--3g+2a and +2 but the guy was dangerous on a lot of his shifts and I thought gave good 2-way effort ,finished checks ,came away with pucks along the boards;neither did i see any great "slowness" afoot that was supposed to be his main flaw...Instead i was wowed as to his hockey sense and anticipation-I just loved theway he thinks the game ... To me it is not even close he looks like a top six NHl pro for certain --not a mere Jr. you hope to realize his upside in future as a pro..Hertl plays hockey so intelligently he will have no trouble becoming an effectiive top six nhl pro..Book it Dano!

HERTL impressed me-like few I saw all year.THAT is all I need.I'm convinced.

BUT it was not just at the world jrs. For an 18 year old 12g+13a=25 pts in 38GP in the Czech Extraliga is nothing to sneeze at .I doubt Girgensons,Faksa,Grigoenko or Yakupov or Galchenyuk would have done much better if any there ...He led the CZECH jr. league in scoring the year before and led all rookies in the Extraliga in scoring this year..the last guy to accomplish those back to back milestones was JIRI HUDLER--but unlike Hudler HERTL is 6.25 and 198 and is expected to get bigger...
While not quite Girgensons in the face-off dot,HERTL was nearly 53% to Girgensons 57% at the WJHC u-20... THIS is a very very good good centre with size and the alleged lack of elitespeed I did not see make him defensively a burden to his team-on the contrary I thought he back-checked and positioned well...to me whover drafts him is getting a bargain..

hawksfan50 is offline   Reply With Quote