Thread: Speculation: 2012-2013 Roster
View Single Post
Old
06-20-2012, 04:06 PM
Go For It

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd2210 View Post
I'm one of the few who actually likes both Rinaldo and Sesito. I really like Rinaldos energy and hits and I think Sesito is a far smarter player than he gets credit for. With that said I'd like to see only one out there on any given night. rinaldo has a longway to go yet with maturity, but boy has he grown up a lot in the last few years. Some of his junior stuff was REALLY embarassing. It's Shelly I'd like to see go. Even with a higher cap I just don't see what he brings to the table. He makes the 4th line a 4 minute a game line. The other two IMO don't. Meltzer hinted last month that if Sesito is resigned it maight mean the end for Shelly. I kind of agree. Last year the battle seemed to be between Shelly and Sesito in the offseason and it really wasn't till camp that Rinaldo made his way into the mix. Now we head in knowing Rinaldos place with the team so it might be a different story.
Rinaldo might not make it a 4 minute line, but he still won't see more than 7 minutes a close game. I really wish they'd let him play another year in the AHL and focus on developing a more defensively responsible game. If he could do that, I'd love to have him on the 4th line. Right now though, all he can do is run around, hit people, and get reputation penalties.