View Single Post
Old
06-20-2012, 04:43 PM
Novak Djokovic
MARC METHOT's #1 FAN

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabutie View Post
I've seen Cowen go up against Ovechkin (my example was more Kovalchuk in particular because it's one of the games that sticks in my head) many many times (same with Phillips though he showed signs of wear).

Obviously Karlsson logged alot of minutes with the sens top offensive lines. He's not going to be entirely sheltered from the superstars of the league...same as Spezza; however it is advantageous to put him in a situation where he won't get plugged in the defensive zone for his entire shift and those are the situations that Maclean tried to put him in....smart coaching.

I'd love to see that and measure how accurate it is.

If you're going to get paid Norris-Calibre money, shouldn't you play Norris-Calibre hockey for a while?
Dude, you're so far off reality. Karlsson was matched very strictly against Giroux and Ovechkin this season. Giroux had like 1 point in 4 games against Ottawa.

McLean's interview yesterday only supports my argument. He realizes (and said) that offensive numbers are one thing, but playing against top lines and doing a good job is what makes him astounding. Now, are you going to say that he's lying too?

He's played his worst games against Montreal, Boston (getting better) and Vancouver in his career. Maybe add Toronto to that list too.