View Single Post
Old
06-20-2012, 05:32 PM
Ohhh Franco

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend Killer View Post
Thats fine with me. Im there to watch the game. Have a drink and a bite to eat and enjoy myself. I dont need to know the owners of the places I spend my time/money.

It goes to the exact same place as when you go to TO to the "flagship" location. Same people.
Well many, many, many people do care about where they spend their money and who they support. Why do you think the local beers and brew pubs are such a hit these days? Unique and local. Have you been the Big Rig yet? If so, why did you go there? I bet it was because Chris Phillips is involved. Notice how locally focused his new place is? Been to Mill St yet? If so, you will have noticed that the first beer page is all about the Ottawa unique beers they're only brewing here in Ottawa. I think that's pretty awesome of Mill St to do something like that. There's a tonne of local success stories these days. Look at all the Ottawa Chefs who have had the spotlight shone on them. Ottawa breweries recently had great success at the 2012 Canadian Brewing Awards. Ottawa is easily one of the hottest cities in Canada when it comes to the culinary experience. Its one the best things we've got going on. Bigger and newest isnt always better; especially for entrepreneurs and locals. I guess it all depends on your values and beliefs though.

Yeah, and when I go the flagship location in Toronto it isnt directly competing with the Ottawa residents that I choose to support.

Ohhh Franco is offline   Reply With Quote