View Single Post
Old
06-20-2012, 06:56 PM
VanSciver

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish Invictus View Post
+/- is a terrible comparison tool across teams. Within a team, it can be effective. The fact that you based this opinion largely on assists (boosted thanks to the offense and it's dominance for half the season) and +/ sinks your theory immediately. If he was so elite, why wasn't he in the Norris discussion?
It doesn't sink my theory. If you want to place some arbitrary theory to try and discredit the facts that I offer to support my opinion. Largely because you don't have facts to counter my opinion. Not my problem. The facts are the facts. And I know Carle had nothing to do with the team's offense. He just got assists by being there. Nothing to do with his passing and playmaking ability from the backend.

Carle wasn't in the Norris discussion because he's not a Norris Trophy caliber player. What are we talking about here? ES play. Which is but one aspect of play. What is the description of what the Norris Trophy is for?

"The James Norris Memorial Trophy is awarded annually to the National Hockey League's top "defense player who demonstrates throughout the season the greatest all-round ability in the position"

VanSciver is offline   Reply With Quote