View Single Post
Old
06-20-2012, 08:49 PM
William H Bonney

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vladmyir111 View Post
You do realize the Kings weren't very good until the playoffs and had to play inferior Pacific teams 24 times...and hell the west in general, they couldn't even win a couple of games against the 8th seed.

They won the cup, congrats I'd take that any day over some regular season trophy.
Considering I watched them all season I do know that. But that only furthers the argument for Quick. The Rangers team was great all year. Henrik obviously plays a big part in that but most of his team played well start to finish. Quick was the Kings team the entire season and the only player that was at the top of his game start to finish. But I get it. Quick should have scored goals too!

No doubt. Henrik seems to be a real good guy and there's obviously a case for him winning but not by as much as he did. It wasn't unexpected though. Most of the folks that talk about Quick never watched him play prior to these playoffs. It's no different than when Doughty was in play for the Canadian Olympic team and all the fans around the league were moaning and griping about it, saying he was overrated, too young, played in the "weaker" Western Conference, etc. The Kings fans, the ones that were actually watching him play knew they were all wrong and they'd eat their words. And eat they did.