View Single Post
Old
06-20-2012, 08:54 PM
SCARFACE909

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by William H Bonney View Post
Considering I watched them all season I do know that. But that only furthers the argument for Quick. The Rangers team was great all year. Henrik obviously plays a big part in that but most of his team played well start to finish. Quick was the Kings team the entire season and the only player that was at the top of his game start to finish. But I get it. Quick should have scored goals too!

No doubt. Henrik seems to be a real good guy and there's obviously a case for him winning but not by as much as he did. It wasn't unexpected though. Most of the folks that talk about Quick never watched him play prior to these playoffs. It's no different than when Doughty was in play for the Canadian Olympic team and all the fans around the league were moaning and griping about it, saying he was overrated, too young, played in the "weaker" Western Conference, etc. The Kings fans, the ones that were actually watching him play knew they were all wrong and they'd eat their words. And eat they did.
Again Henrik won by the margin he did because Quick lost some votes to Rinne, having two western conference goalies they're going to split some votes while Henrik will most likely take the majority of Eastern votes.

SCARFACE909 is offline   Reply With Quote